Commercial Use Image Order Form
(Order for copies of images and/or newspaper pages from the digital collection.)
Name (Only A-Za-z .,'- allowed.): *required
Address Line 1 (Only a-zA-Z0-9.,-' allowed.):
Address Line 2 (Only a-zA-Z0-9.,-' allowed.):
City (Only A-Za-z.,'- allowed.):
State (Only letters allowed.):
Zip Code (Only numbers and hyphen allowed.):
Image Numbers and Associated Descriptions (Only a-zA-Z0-9.,?'- allowed.):
(Please specify, in detail, how copies of the images will be used.)
51582.05, Baker, Elizabeth, 1932 Miss Abingdon Beauty Pageant. This image will be used in an advertising brochure for the WXYZ Bank.
Newspaper Article Example:
119863.01, Journal Virginian, June 1, 1933, Page 1, Article on Robert Porterfield leasing Martha Washington College for the summer and naming it Barter Theatre and Barter Inn. This article will be used as an image in a book to be published on the history of Abingdon.
Total Number of Images Requested (Only a positive integer number is allowed.):
(Price is $25 per picture/per document page/per newspaper article.)
Newspaper Full Page Image Numbers and Associated Descriptions (Only a-zA-Z0-9.,?'- allowed.):
(Please specify, in detail, how copies of the newspaper pages will be used.)
Newspaper Full Page Example:
119026.04, Washington County Journal, March 29, 1912, Page 4. This newspaper page will be displayed as a part of a poster presentation in our company lobby.
Total Number of Newspaper Pages Requested (Only a positive integer number is allowed.):
(Price is $50 per full page.)
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR ORDER.
Since the Historical Society does not have a photographic quality printer, the images will be delivered by email as attachments. If you need a printed copy, you will need to make a special request in the above image description sections. Any such requests will be reviewed by Society Staff to determine if a printed copy of the requested image will be feasible and of high enough quality to be delivered.
(For Commercial Use Only)
• I understand that permission to copy a photograph or document is for a one-time use only. If I wish to use the image at other times, or for additional uses, I will have to submit a new Commercial Use Purchase Order, have it approved, and pay the appropriate fees.
• I do not have the right to transfer this image to anyone else.
• If the image is to be used on the internet, on either a personal or public website, images will be limited to 72 dpi.
• I understand that I will be requested to remove any images that are displayed in an inappropriate manner. I will not make the image publicly available for download.
• If the image is to be used in a publication, for exhibit, in a video, or on a website, credit will be given by indicating "Courtesy of the Historical Society of Washington County, Virginia". If the photographer is known, I will give him or her credit as well.
• If the image is to be used in a publication, for exhibit, in a video, or on a website, and the image is altered (cropped, tinted, detailed), the caption identifying the image will indicate these alterations.
• If the image is to be used in a publication, commercially or privately published, or video, I will give the Historical Society a complimentary copy of the work.
• I assume any responsibility for copyright and privacy issues.
• I understand that usage approval is required by the Library Committee of the Historical Society and the Donor (if available) before this request can be processed.